STL Functionality

Steve

Just wondering if someone can point me to a good, easy to understand
online tutorial on STL functions. All the programming manuals I have
predate STL, and I would like to learn more about modern C++ since our
school doesn't even bother with it.

Leor Zolman

Just wondering if someone can point me to a good, easy to understand
online tutorial on STL functions. All the programming manuals I have
predate STL, and I would like to learn more about modern C++ since our
school doesn't even bother with it.

Here's a good C++ tutorial site:
http://www.icce.rug.nl/documents/cplusplus/

(#17 in the Table of Contents on the left will get you right to STL stuff).

If downloading an entire free book counts as "online", you can get Volume 2
of Eckel/Allison's _Thinking in C++_ which is crammed with STL info:
www.mindview.net

-leor

Pete Vidler

Steve said:
Just wondering if someone can point me to a good, easy to understand
online tutorial on STL functions. All the programming manuals I have
predate STL, and I would like to learn more about modern C++ since our
school doesn't even bother with it.

These are more like references than tutorials, but they can probably
teach you what you want to know:

http://www.cs.rpi.edu/projects/STL/htdocs/stl.html
http://dinkumware.com/manuals/reader.aspx?lib=cpp
http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/

I imagine there are many tutorials out there that a google search for
"C++ STL tutorials" (minus quotes) or similar would find. Here are a few
I found in just a few seconds:

http://www.cs.brown.edu/people/jak/proglang/cpp/stltut/tut.html
http://www.yrl.co.uk/~phil/stl/stl.htmlx
http://www.msoe.edu/eecs/ce/courseinfo/stl/