strange problem when using a html server control

Tony Johansson

Hello!

Below I have a simple html code where I have dragged a HTML control into the
page.
As you can see below I have specified runat=server for this html control so
it's now a html server control
Now to the strange problem how is it possible that when I click on the
button the event handler on the client is called.
How can that happen when I have specified runat=server. I have thought when
you specified runat=server you can only use
event handler on the server ?

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs"
Inherits="_Default" %>

<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
<!--

function Button1_onclick()
{
document.write('Hello');
}

// -->
</script>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
&nbsp;
<input id="Button1" runat="server" style="z-index: 102; left: 116px;
position: absolute; top: 368px"
type="button" value="button" language="javascript"
onclick="return Button1_onclick()" />

</form>

Eliyahu Goldin

What runat=server does is telling ASP.NET to look into the control if it
needs any server-side processing. It won't affect any existing client-side
setting, unless you do it in the code behind..

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

signature database 4664 (20091206) __________