Streaming Audio

Tony K

Is streaming audio capable in asp.net 2.0 / AJAX? What I mean by streaming
audio is: ability to play one or more songs back to back...or maybe even let
the user select several songs to play and it will play them back to back.

Thanks,
Tony K

Scott M.

I wouldn't call that streaming audio, I'd call that file download selection.

Can you be more specific as to what, exactly, you are trying to?

Mark Fitzpatrick

Tony,
True streaming audio is done with a streaming audio server, such as
the windows media server for windows. I think what you're looking for is a
playlist generator for an appropriate player. For example, you may be able
to create a windows media player playlist file, asx, dynamically from an
asp.net application. This would tell the windows media client on the user's
comptuer what files to grab and information about them.

Tony K

Mark,
Windows Media Server. I have Windows Server 2003 up and running, but
will that support other OS's that visit my site? I am just reading this
now, so I haven't even looked into Windows Media Server. Is it available
for downlaod?

Thanks,
Tony

Tony K

Steve,
Thanks a lot for the info. I'll get started on this right away!

Thanks again,
Tony K

Tony K

Nevermind on the "available for download" part. I just logged onto my
server and saw it is included. If I have other questions or problems, I'll
come back or...find the newsgroup for Media Server.

Thanks again,

Tony K

Scott M.

Other OS's don't visit your site. Client browsers contact your server, not
their operating systems.