stress test for web service fails

afsheen

Hi

i have a web service that contains logic for inserting and retrieving data from sql server 2000 database. I wanted to stress test my WS my providing large data to it like 6MB (14,000 records) for inserting 14, 000 records into the database. I have changed the default size in the web config file from 4mb to 6mb. If i run my web service locally with a .net client to insert that data it works fine. But when i upload the web service on the remote machine and try inserting the records from a remote client it throws an error of time out and the application breaks .... although i have even increased the time out to 900 secs ... i dont know why it happens

any help would be greatly appreciate
thanks