Strongly Typed Datasets between versions of VS

instruo

Hi there,

I've created a couple of strongly typed datasets as part of a Web Service in
VS2005. When I add my web reference in VS2002 (what we're in the process of
migrating from), my WS class shows up with its appropriate methods, but
that's all, no Datasets. It shows the return type for my strongly typed
dataset as "XMLElement". If I add this web reference to another VS2005
project, I get all of my Datasets showing up.

My question is, is there a setting in VS2005 or something that I can change
that will allow me to get my strongly typed datasets in VS2002? Thanks!

Pandurang Nayak

VS 2002 .NET runtime (v1.1) obviously does not recognize the .NET 2.0 Dataset
and hence is probably serializing it to the XML form.

Guess you won't have any luck if you're trying a .NET-specific type across
framework versions.

Regards
Pandurang