Struts help--how to use other than String, vector in a bean?

Discussion in 'Java' started by SpaceAgeJuliet, May 31, 2006.

  1. I am using Struts, and JSTL at the moment, but am a beginner.
    I can get values in and out fine that are strings, string arrays and
    vectors in my beans.
    normally i just declare string or vector value in bean, with getters
    and setters, and struts populate knows how to store correctly when a
    form is submitted.

    But, I would like to use a TreeMap in a bean, too.

    Can anyone tell me how to do this? I made a treemap into my bean, with
    getters and setters, and I tried to store it like this in my jsp:

    <c:when test="${UserAccessBean.portfolioAccess[groupLoop.count-1] eq
    'Read Only'}">
    <select name="test">
    <option key="<c:eek:ut value="${group}"/>" value="No Privilege">No
    Privilege
    <option key="<c:eek:ut value="${group}"/>" value="Read Only" <c:if
    test="${UserAccessBean.updateCurrentPortfolioAccess2[groupLoop.count-1]
    eq 'Read Only'}"> <c:eek:ut value="selected" /> </c:if> >Read Only
    </select>
    </c:when>

    Any help appreciated!

    The form displays right but when i make selection and click submit, I
    got:

    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch

    SpaceAgeJuliet, May 31, 2006