Style Sheets and cells

Brian Robertson

How do I define the height and width of cells in a table through a style
sheet?

Brian.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Brian Robertson <brianrobertson@
[nospam].com> writing in
How do I define the height and width of cells in a table through a style
sheet?

Brian.

Just like you do in a td element, eg:

td {height:1em; width:5em;}

Brian Robertson

Adrienne said:
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Brian Robertson <brianrobertson@
[nospam].com> writing in
How do I define the height and width of cells in a table through a style
sheet?

Brian.

Just like you do in a td element, eg:

td {height:1em; width:5em;}

Works a treat! God I am knew to this. Try going through 1,500 and
changing the attributes of tables and cells on every page.

Oh and I know tables are bad, but they are still shown with gay abandon
in tutorials in magazines for entry level designers and I have to say
that they work for me. Surely that is all that matters?

Brian.

John Hosking

Brian said:
Oh and I know tables are bad,

Not for tabular data, they're not.
but they are still shown with gay abandon
in tutorials in magazines for entry level designers

Using tables for layout in tutorials is the fault of the tutorial
writers. Doesn't make it right.
and I have to say
that they work for me. Surely that is all that matters?

What matters is whether they work for your visitors.

Brian Robertson

John said:
What matters is whether they work for your visitors.

Well exactly. So far as I can tell, they do.

But I followed everyone's advice on here and dumped the frames. I think
they looked ok with the borders removed, but I will bow to opinion on
that one. Certainly the sites that retain borders on the frames look
awful these days.

Brian.

http://www.thesectionalappendix.co.uk