Subdirectories in an application

Miguel

Hello,

I need to put some files in a subfolder because I don't want all
the files in the subfolder to be under form authentication.

The problem is that in the root folder I have a "App_code" folder,
where I have clasess to instanciate. This clases are not accesible
from the aspx's located in the directory.

My configuration look like this.

- My_App_Example_Folder
-login.aspx
-changepwd.aspx

- App_code
- MyClass.vb

- New_Subfolder
- hello.aspx
- hello2.aspx

I had to declare New_Subfolder as an Application virtual Directory.
¿Do I have to?
And the main problem. Why is Myclass.vb not visible from hello.aspx??.

Thank you very much for your help.

clintonG

Put another web.config into the subfolder and write authentication or the
lack thereof into that web.config which will manage that subdirectory. How
to do this is all over the web and MSDN2 where you can find documentation.

[...]

Fernando Rodriguez

Why not compile the stuff that you got on the App_Code folder as a DLL?,
That way you can put it on the bin folder and use it through the whole app
(and even other apps).