Submit_click event fires only the first time the button is clicked

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Sep 1, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have an ASP.NET application with half a dozen pages most of which have user
    controls on them (some UC's are loaded dynamically, others are simply dragged
    and dropped onto the web page)

    Now, here's the problem. I have a feedback page with half a dozen text
    fields. There is also a Submit button (for obvious reasons) to process the
    user input. After filling the text fields with some data, when I press the
    Submit button, the Submit_Click event fires and the data is written to the db
    (no worries!).

    However, when I navigate from the Feedback page to the Home page and then
    back to the feedback page, I notice that the page_load event of the feedback
    page doesn't fire. Also when I input some text in the text fields and hit
    the Submit button, its click event also doesn't fire.

    Does anyone know what is preventing these events to fire the second time
    around?

    Guest, Sep 1, 2005

  2. Possibly browser caching of the HTML document. You might want to make sure
    that your Page turns off browser caching for that Page.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP