submitting <FORM> but nothing happens!!

Torben Birk

Hello

I fill out forms dependant of users login on to web-services - usual stuff..
When reaching a certain size I get problem trying submitting a html-form. I
will simple not submit.
I've seen similar when creating a link it cannot exceed the size of
2063Bytes.

any suggestions?

Best Regards

Torben Birk

Brian Cryer

Torben Birk said:
Hello

I fill out forms dependant of users login on to web-services - usual
stuff..
When reaching a certain size I get problem trying submitting a html-form.
I will simple not submit.
I've seen similar when creating a link it cannot exceed the size of
2063Bytes.

any suggestions?

Best Regards

Torben Birk

Internet Explorer has a maximum URL length limit of 2083 characters
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q208427/). If your form submits using GET
rather than POST then you may be hitting this limit. I don't know what the
behaviour would be if you are hitting this limit, whether it does nothing
(which is what you seem to be experiencing) or whether it uses a truncated
URL.

If it is related to using GET (and you are using IE) then can you change the
form to use POST instead?