Suggestion

Vishal

Hello,

I have a question and need your suggestion. I am building
an web interface where I need a 4 hierarchgrid. I can
easily create a drill down menu for each of these leevels
on client side. But the problem would be that I would
need to load each of the levels at the beginning. Even if
the user doesnt want to see a specific level. I was
thinking that this may not be a good approach, because I
dont see any advantage to load the data before the user
clicks the drill down for the level. I was thinking to
implement the drill down on the server side and when the
user clicks the drill down for one level then it loads
the required data into the datagrid. What do you guys
think?

The nested grid is implemented in a user control and I
was thinking to call the LoadControl function and load
the controls when the user presses the drill down menu.
BUT the viewstate
of this control wont be saved. I would like to hear how
you guys would solve that problem?

THanks