Suggestions needed for list of links

Animesh K

rf said:
You suffer from selective reading. I had mentioned that the website is
under development right now [Quote -> it can be accessed (for testing
purposes, not complete yet!)].

You suffer from missing the point.

If your 404 page demands an email address I will simply not bother. Not even
to type in an invalid one. It is, after all, me doing you a service. And, as
I pointed out, you should already know about the 404 from your server logs.

It depends how you look at it. Right now the page is being tested so
there are a few broken links (or rather functions).

In the previous version, for which that 404 page was designed, there was
no broken link, so it was really to help the stumbler out. (Say if
someone posts a wrong link in some forum, for example). Whenever I added
a link, I made sure it works.

I will check out the server log, but I haven't done that in the past.
That may be a better tool, I guess, than depending on user's feedback.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 14 Aug 2007 22:55:08
GMT Animesh K scribed:
That was just to tell whether tag-cloud is a known "category
presentation" trick. Their examples aren't the best and Wiki has a
"brush icon" to denote that the article needs to be improved.

Look into some examples that Bernhard gave.

Well, I suppose a good design man can come with something useful on
occasion. It's not worth arguing about, though. I don't like to argue,
you know.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:07:08
GMT Animesh K scribed:
Just wondering if you ever said that to a woman!

....Not if I wanted to get laid.

Bernhard Sturm

Bergamot said:
I think this is a good example of how terrible a tag-cloud can be. A
long horizontal list is soooooooo hard to read. If they had used list
markup, it might be tolerable with CSS disabled, but as is it's awful.

I can't say you've convinced me of their good points yet.

:) you don't need to be convinced. Some people are not using sitemaps
others find search-boxes awful. I was just pointing out, that tag clouds
are being used by a lot of 'big' websites as a navigational-aid.

Bernhard Sturm

Bergamot said:
I think this is a good example of how terrible a tag-cloud can be. A
long horizontal list is soooooooo hard to read. If they had used list
markup, it might be tolerable with CSS disabled, but as is it's awful.

just out of curiosity what were you looking for in the tag cloud that
you found it awful?

bernhard

Bergamot

Bernhard said:
just out of curiosity what were you looking for in the tag cloud that
you found it awful?

My brain can't parse anything on that page. It's just a big jumble of
letters.