survey: what editor do you use to hack ruby?

Steven Jenkins

Nikolai said:
I prefer just writing

% ruby
<my 1000 line ruby app here>
^D
â‹®
%

It fits well with my new software-design philosophy: “write once, run onceâ€,

You type 'ruby' every time? I just did

chsh -s /usr/bin/ruby

Steve

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT

Hi!

I've been having a tough time getting emacs set up properly with
ruby which led me to look for a different IDE to use. Which led me
to ownder: what editors/IDEs do most ruby users use?

GNU Emacs, vi (the Unix original with no bells or whistles), vim.

I used to use vim most of the time but the versioning capability of
Emacs made me switch to it (it is very nice to have the last 100
versions of a program to go back). I also use the original vi to
correct minor typos in a program (the original vi starts much faster
than vim or Emacs).

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT

Paul

Josef

re
Your computer seems to have been infected by "nTOSkrnl.exe" .

I removed the file "nTOSkrnl.exe", now what!
Reboot with a *nix cd in the machine I guess.

Nigel Wilkinson

I've been having a tough time getting emacs set up properly with ruby
which led me to look for a different IDE to use. Which led me to ownder:
what editors/IDEs do most ruby users use?

Lowell

I swear by nedit and I'm surprised noone else has mentioned it. There is a
language definition file (or whatever they call these things) at

http://redshift.sourceforge.net/nedit/

Cheers
Nigel

Jim Freeze

* Nigel Wilkinson said:
I swear by nedit and I'm surprised noone else has mentioned it. There is a
language definition file (or whatever they call these things) at

One other person mentioned it. I think I sensed a collective
head hanging and feet shifting to avoid eye contact and save
the un-named party from embarassment. ;)

nornagon

I've been having a tough time getting emacs set up properly with ruby
which led me to look for a different IDE to use. Which led me to ownder:
what editors/IDEs do most ruby users use?
=20
Lowell
=20
=20

(g)vim forever!!

--=20
- nornagon

Virender Dogra

SciTE and jEdit

I've been having a tough time getting emacs set up properly with ruby
which led me to look for a different IDE to use. Which led me to
ownder: what editors/IDEs do most ruby users use?

Lowell

(g)vim forever!!

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT

Hi!

Josef

re

I removed the file "nTOSkrnl.exe", now what! Reboot with a *nix cd
in the machine I guess.

If one sees Windows as a disease there is nothing wrong in writing
that a computer has been infected by nTORkrnl.exe. There is no need
for running Unix. You can also run VMS, BeOS derivates, OS/2 derivates
and will possibly be able to run Mac OS X in the future but real men
run GEM on top of FreeDOS and write their texts in StarOffice running
on that platform ;->

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT