Team Development Questions

iTISTIC

I've read the following articles a few times over:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/tdlg_rm.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...SourceControlIntegrationInVisualStudioNET.asp

I have chosen to run in "Isolated" mode, and have VSS setup on a
project server, and have already successfully created a local web
application and added it to source safe as described in these
documents.

All of our web apps are currently written in Classic ASP. Currently we
connect to these webs using InterDev and FrontPage Server Extensions
and do not use source control. I have create a new web application
locally, brought in the entire web site (currently all ASP) and checked
it into SourceSafe.

Here are my problems:

1. A lot of our ASP pages will not run properly on my local machine
because they have relative include paths such as "/inc/include.asp".
Since the web application on my local machine is not in the root of the
IIS web site, these references do not work. The path locally to these
include files is "/ProjectName/inc/include.asp". We also have a lot of
references to images and links that are the same and will experience
the same problems. How do we get around this?

2. We are used to testing our code modifications on a development web
server. I understand now we would test on our local machines, but what
is the best way to go about testing on development after certain
changes are made? Currently the SourceSafe server is seperate from the
Development server. I was thinking of putting SourceSafe on the dev
server to make it easier to test modifications made to ASP code, and
also test builds of .NET code.

I have more questions, but these are the most important right now, and
currently are road blocks that are preventing me from moving forward.
Any help at all would be appreciated. I was very skeptical of using
these methods at first, but now that I've gotten it half-way setup I
can already see the benefits and am excited to start coding under this
new environment.

Thanks!

Shawn