The New C Standard

Derek M Jones

All,

My book "The New C Standard: An economic and cultural commentary"
includes a complete analysis of differences between C and C++
from the C point of view (every sentence in the C Standard,
excluding library, has been discussed and matched with a
corresponding sentence(s) in the C++ Standard).

There is also a significant amount of discussion on coding
guidelines which will also be applicable to C++.

The complete book is available as a freely downloadable pdf
(8M byte). You can download a copy from one of:

http://www.cwic-solutions.co.uk/docs/cbook1_0a.pdf
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dmjones/cbook1_0a.pdf

Other book material, and some subsets of it (including just the
usage subsections, plus other figures and table), can be found
at: http://www.knosof.co.uk/cbook/cbook.html

Those of you wanting to search for material in the C Standard will
be interested in checking out (at least you will be once google
gets around to indexing it):
http://c0x.coding-guidelines.com

You can get the background here:
http://theinquirer.net/?article=24092

Please don't post this information to any other public mailing
list or newsgroup for a couple of weeks. I want to try and limit
the daily bandwidth load.