The price of a modern list architecture?

Jacko

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/co...59023a8ae4c/9eb9f6b99139a5df#9eb9f6b99139a5df

Simple really, if Lisp's (X , Y) construct should have limits placed
on assignment of Y for translation lookaside buffer vitual memory
mapping thrashing and for easier garbage collection (provable), then
are there any structures in Ruby that may be better adapted such that
kernal poijnters may be used for faster code, and possibly extra
memory bandwidth for no garbage collector gc stalls and faster code?

I wish to call this a constrafucation.

Cheers Jacko

Eleanor McHugh

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.lang.forth/browse_thread/thread/ef39=
e59023a8ae4c/9eb9f6b99139a5df#9eb9f6b99139a5df

I remember now why I stopped reading CLF...
Simple really, if Lisp's (X , Y) construct should have limits placed
on assignment of Y for translation lookaside buffer vitual memory
mapping thrashing and for easier garbage collection (provable), then
are there any structures in Ruby that may be better adapted such that
kernal poijnters may be used for faster code, and possibly extra
memory bandwidth for no garbage collector gc stalls and faster code?

There could well be places in a Ruby runtime where such an approach =
would be possible although that may not be true for any of the current =
implementations.

Do you have a link through to the original articles/sites describing =
this modification to Lisp along with some code examples?

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://feyeleanor.tel

Jacko

I remember now why I stopped reading CLF...

There could well be places in a Ruby runtime where such an approach would be possible although that may not be true for any of the current implementations.

Do you have a link through to the original articles/sites describing this modification to Lisp along with some code examples?

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brainshttp://feyeleanor.tel

Not yet, currently getting feedback on a multitude of languages to see
what 'structures' would need to be converted. As yet the structures
have not been converted as it is a research initiative on if a new
language would have to be created, an existant language could be
adapted, or all or many languages could be fed through code
translators.

Eleanor McHugh

Not yet, currently getting feedback on a multitude of languages to see
what 'structures' would need to be converted. As yet the structures
have not been converted as it is a research initiative on if a new
language would have to be created, an existant language could be
adapted, or all or many languages could be fed through code
translators.

Well if you need a testbed at some point let me know, I have a virtual =
machine library in development as part of my effort to port Ruby to Go =
and would be happy to try your ideas out.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://feyeleanor.tel