The Web server does not have frontPage Server extensions installed Error(VS 2005 Error)

rote

I'm trying to create a Website using VS 2005 on another server on the same
domain.
But i get error
"The Web server does not have frontPage Server extensions installed Error"
Any ideas what i have to do to install the frontPage Server extensions on
the IIS 6 - windows 2003 server?
Thanks in Advance

Guest

I'm trying to create a Website using VS 2005 on another server on the same
domain.
But i get error
"The Web server does not have frontPage Server extensions installed Error"
Any ideas what i have to do to install the frontPage Server extensions on
the IIS 6 - windows 2003 server?
Thanks in Advance

Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Application Server. Click
Details. Select Internet Information Services, and then again click
Details. You will see the FrontPage Server Extensions. You might need
your Windows Server 2003 installation CD to complete the installation.

Laurent Bugnion, MVP

Hi,
I'm trying to create a Website using VS 2005 on another server on the same
domain.
But i get error
"The Web server does not have frontPage Server extensions installed Error"
Any ideas what i have to do to install the frontPage Server extensions on
the IIS 6 - windows 2003 server?
Thanks in Advance

You don't really need the frontpage extensions. VS2005 can publish a
website using FTP. I recommend you to create the website on the remote
server using a FTP client, and then to use FTP as the way to publish. I
never liked these frontpage extensions.

HTH,
Laurent

rote

Thanks Laurent and Alexey for the reply.
Actually i could create a website by just using the File System option and
it wrote it to the remote site.
But its quite wierd i have to use FrontPage Extensions just like Laurent
said i don't really fancy it myself.
With VS 2003 i didn't need to do that.
Patrick

Hi,