Themed TK (tk Tile) at last?!

Python Nutter

Looks like we finally get tkinter GUI based programs according to
Issue# 2983 in Python 3.1a so our programs don't look like something
out of early 1980's and can be themed to more closely match the
underlying Operating Systems widget set!

This is a big deal in that while tkinter came with (just about) every
Python the desire to use wxWidgets or Qt etc was high because tkinter
widgets just look so horrid. Now for simple GUIs you can use a themed
widget set.

ttk or themed tk won out as the name, others may remember tk tile.

The Python 3.1a web page still had what's new in Python 2.7 on the web
page so does this also enter the Python 2.x branch? I don't know yet.
But it so I might have a push to move off of 2.5.4 finally for the so
simple GUi based apps I have.

Good job python-dev team.

Cheers,
PN

cgoldberg

This is a big deal in that while tkinter came with (just about) every
Python the desire to use wxWidgets or Qt etc was high because tkinter
widgets just look so horrid.

I liked Tk a lot, but also moved to wx because of Tk's L&F. Tk is
great for simple tool interfaces. Great news.

-Corey