Themes do not work with customer-controls in VS-Designer

Rolf Welskes

Hello,

as example I have a simple customerCtrl

class MyCtrl : WebControl
{

//one own color-property

public Color MyBkColor

here rendering to see the bkcolor

}

Now if I set the property MyBkColor I also see in the VSDesigner that the
conntrol has this back-color.

If I now put the control in a skin-file and make the control 3 times in a
page without MyBkColor set
and
set in the page the StyleSheetTheme = .... the theme where the
custom-control theme is,
the following happens:

If I start the page, all 3 controls have the back-color, so I see that the
themes work for the control

If I now open the page in the designer the themes do not work, no back-color
from the themes in the control
If I for example take a TextBox and do the same all works fine also in
designer.

So, the designer of VS does not recognize the themes of the own control
This is very bad because every own custom control is useless if themes does
not work in the designer.

So is there anything to do (to write code in the control) so that this
works?
Thank you for any help.
Rolf Welskes

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Rolf,

This is a quick note to let you know that I am performing research on this
issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your
patience.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

promptly.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Rolf,

I've been able to reproduce the issue you described. Unfortunately I didn't
found any workaround for it after done some research and consulting.

I'm afraid you'll have to submit your feedback at
http://connect.microsoft.com/Main/content/content.aspx?ContentID=2220 or
contact PSS for further assistance.

For PSS support or a local on site, you can also try contacting the global
support center through the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport

They will provide you the detailed info on how to contact the local
developer support center.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support