There must be an easier way

Jim S

On all the pages of www.priorysingers.org.uk the 'buttons' on the left is 7
1x1 tables inside the cells of a 7x1 (Or is it 1x7) table inside the table
which makes up the main page.
There must be an easier/slicker/more acceptable way of doing this using css,
but my way is the only way I know to keep everything exactly in the right
place in all browsers.
Can anyone help or point me to understandable rehab.

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

Jim said:
On all the pages of www.priorysingers.org.uk the 'buttons' on the
left is 7 1x1 tables inside the cells of a 7x1 (Or is it 1x7) table
inside the table which makes up the main page.
There must be an easier/slicker/more acceptable way of doing this
using css, but my way is the only way I know to keep everything
exactly in the right place in all browsers.
Can anyone help or point me to understandable rehab.

Sure thing. In your stylesheet, do something like this:

div.navbutton {
width: 100px; height: 40px; background: #dcdcdc;
border: 3px ridge silver; font-size: 85%; font-weight: bold;
font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
}
div.navbutton a:link,hover,visited,active { text-decoration: none; }

And in your HTML code:

Which replaces the following from your source code:

bgcolor="#dcdcdc" border="3" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">

When it comes to vertically centering the text, look at this:
http://www.jakpsatweb.cz/css/css-vertical-center-solution.html