Tkinter Text widget get()

Alex Bryan

Hey guys. I am having trouble understanding the get() method from the
Tkinter Text() widget. It isn't like the entry.get() one I am used to.
I know you have to put tags in, or at least I read. I tried this but
it didn't work. I think I was putting the tags in wrong but I am not
sure. I just need an example. So if someone could maybe modify this
code to get EVERYTHING inside the text widget.

text = Text(parent)
text.pack()

text.insert(END, "I am text!")

Of course, I will have much more text, but I still want to get
everything in the box.