Tomcat 5.5: compatibility with Sun WSDP 2.0

bruce_phipps

I'm running Tomcat 5.5.7 on Debian Linux. Does the Sun Java WSDP 2.0
work OK with this? The Sun web site only mentions Tomcat 5.0 as being
supported.
Bruce

Steve W. Jackson

I'm running Tomcat 5.5.7 on Debian Linux. Does the Sun Java WSDP 2.0
work OK with this? The Sun web site only mentions Tomcat 5.0 as being
supported.
Bruce

Depends on what you mean by "work OK with this". The JWSDP, so far as
I've used it thus far, "integrates" with a special version of Tomcat 5.0
which you can download from Sun's web site. However, I subsequently
installed Tomcat 5.5 on my XP box for some testing. All the Ant scripts
we use to build and deploy our web service and some sample apps were
able to correctly deploy to that instead of the "integrated" version
without significant problems. I use JWSDP 1.6, though, because we
weren't ready to move some technologies up yet to what's in 2.0 --
though the integrated Tomcat 5.0 is the same one.

= Steve =

bruce_phipps

Just tried to install JWSDP on Debian Linux with Tomcat 5.5 servlet
container already installed.
A warning message comes up " unsupported Tomcat version -- we
*strongly* recommend use of 5.0 version. Some features may not work
blah blah.."
So I cancelled the install for now.
Bruce