Tomcat (J2EE Web)

www.douglassdavis.com

I am using Windows XP, j2sdk1.4.2_05, Tomcat 5.5.10.

When I try to start the Tomcat service on port 8080 I get a message

Service Manager is attempting to start the following service... "Apache
Tomcat" Then the message dissapears and the service does not start.
Also, when I try to go in the configuration, and change the service to
start automatically, when i press ok, nothing changes.

There is nothing in the Apache error log.

www.douglassdavis.com

Manfred said:
Tomcat 5.5.x needs Java 5

Interesting... It didn't complain when I was installing it Tomcat. I
will try installing java 5 though.