Tomcat policies per application

jaft

Hi,

Is there possible to define for each application deployed in my Tomcat
policies so that each application cannot exceed a quote of cpu,
memory, etc.?

Otherwise, does anyone know an utility to monitor memory, cpu usage
per application?

Thanks

Arne Vajhøj

jaft said:
Is there possible to define for each application deployed in my Tomcat
policies so that each application cannot exceed a quote of cpu,
memory, etc.?

No. And it would be a bit tricky to implement because some CPU
and some memory is used outside of application context.
Otherwise, does anyone know an utility to monitor memory, cpu usage
per application?

Same.

If you need strict control of that then run multiple instances
of Tomcat - one per app. Yes - it adds overhead (it multiplies
the stuff you can not allocate to specific apps !), but it gives
you control.

Arne