Toronto-area Python Users Group (PyGTA) meeting Tuesday @19:00hrs

Mike C. Fletcher

This month we'll be having a presentation by our own Peter Hansen
regarding his use of ctypes and PySerial to create a "robot driver"
(don't ask me, I just work here)... here's his summary:

"CavroCom: A Brief Description of a Python-based Robot Driver for
LabVIEW"

This quick talk will cover the use of ctypes and PySerial to build
an ActiveX/COM server interface allowing a LabVIEW program to talk
to a robot via the serial port, with a brief excursion into using
py2exe and InnoSetup to build the distribution.

I'll bring along my own little ctypes project (wxAppBar) in case there's
some extra time and people want to see ctypes going in the other
direction. We'll try to make sure there's time for general questions
and discussion of Pythonic news as well.

As usual, we're meeting on the fourth Tuesday of the month at the Givex
offices near Spadina and Adelaide (downtown). We normally go to the
pool hall (the Charlotte Room) just down the street for
dinner/coffee/drinks afterward. You can find all the details here:

http://web.engcorp.com/pygta/wiki/NextMeeting

Have fun, and hope to see you all (well, those in and around Toronto) there,
Mike

[ps: resending due to apparent server failure, sorry if this shows up
multiple times]

Mike C. Fletcher
Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
http://www.vrplumber.com