Tracking Bounced Emails

Jishnu

Hi ASP Gurus out there,
I have question. I am wondering if any one can guide me towards a
script that can handle bounced emails from a newsletter campaign.
I am not interested in .Net solution.
The mail server is Exchange 2003 if that helps.
Right now clueless about tracking of bounced emails
Thanks

Jeff Cochran

Hi ASP Gurus out there,
I have question. I am wondering if any one can guide me towards a
script that can handle bounced emails from a newsletter campaign.
I am not interested in .Net solution.
The mail server is Exchange 2003 if that helps.
Right now clueless about tracking of bounced emails

You can't do this in ASP. You can do it with event sinks in SMTP, and
likely with some of the programming hooks into Exchange, but that's a
different news group. Try the Exchange groups for help there.

Jeff

Bryan Harrington

If you have access to the Pro version of JMAIL (www.dimac.net) or another
POP component, you could put together and schedule a VBS that would query a
particular mailbox, peel off the bounced email addresses and put them in a
db. Then write your asp to manage them.

It's not a 2 second job.. but it can be done.