transfer value from one page to single frame of a second,framesetpage

lnorav

I want to pass a value(name) from a 'sign-in'(password) page to
one(result) frame of a second, three-frame frameset page. I did this
with 'action = result file.cgi' in the 'sign-in' file and
$ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'} in the result file.cgi, but then only the
result frame alone was displayed. Doing the same with 'action=
frameset file.htm' displays all frames, but no value is transferred to
the static html file. This is why I need to write the frameset as a
cgi file. A value transferred to a frameset.cgi file could, I assume,
be used as a global value by the single result frame.
My efforts to write such a frameset, as the example below, were not
successful. Perhaps, someone could steer me right via cgi or via a
better(js) approach?

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use CGI qw/:standard/;
my $q=new CGI;
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

print $q->header(); #or: $q->print("Content-Type: text/html\n
\n");
print $q->start_html(-title=>'PagePass');

print <<endhtml;
<FRAMESET ROWS="50%,*">
<FRAME NAME="frameA" SRC="http://bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il/
safety-bin/x.cgi">
<FRAME NAME="frameB" SRC="http://bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il/
safety-bin/cgi-bin/y.cgi">
</FRAMESET>
endhtml
;
# exit 0;

#malformed header from script. Bad header=<!DOCTYPE html:

Bill H

[...]

Not really perl, but you need to put a target in your form tag. For
example if you have the form with action=result file.cgi in frameA and
want the results to show up in frameB, add target=frameB in the form
element tag

Bill H

J. Gleixner

I want to pass a value(name) from a 'sign-in'(password) page to
one(result) frame of a second, three-frame frameset page. I did this
with 'action = result file.cgi' in the 'sign-in' file and
$ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'} in the result file.cgi, but then only the
result frame alone was displayed. Doing the same with 'action=
frameset file.htm' displays all frames, but no value is transferred to
the static html file. This is why I need to write the frameset as a
cgi file. A value transferred to a frameset.cgi file could, I assume,
be used as a global value by the single result frame.
My efforts to write such a frameset, as the example below, were not
successful. Perhaps, someone could steer me right via cgi or via a
better(js) approach?

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use CGI qw/:standard/;
my $q=new CGI;

FYI: When using :standard you don't need to explicitly instantiate a
CGI object, the methods are imported for you. e.g.

use CGI qw:)standard);
print header, start_html, h1('testing'), end_html;

use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

print $q->header(); #or: $q->print("Content-Type: text/html\n
\n");
print $q->start_html(-title=>'PagePass');
Remove/Comment out this line. Read up on HTML frames.
print <<endhtml;
<FRAMESET ROWS="50%,*">
<FRAME NAME="frameA" SRC="http://bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il/
safety-bin/x.cgi">