Transform paths error for Inatlling JRE-1_5_0_05

cjeffwang

Thanks for the link to install the JRE.

Received the JRE link (Java Runtime Environment Version 5.0 Update 5)
from this Google Group:
http://www.java.com/en/download/download_the_latest.jsp

There are automated and manual downloads. The automated download can
not start up. Both the online and offline installations for manual
download can not complete the installation. The error message is:
Error applying transform. Verify that the specified transform paths
are valid.
I have successfully installed JDK 5.0 Update 5 last month. Just tried
to install JRE 5.0 Update 5 from this web site. The same error message
showed up.

How do I verify the specified transform paths?

TIA,
Jeffrey