Translator to edit string table

benjitah

Hi,

I have a string table which i'm wanting to export into something easy
to use (like excel) for a translator, and then re-import back into the
same string table format.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks.

Phlip

benjitah said:
I have a string table which i'm wanting to export into something easy
to use (like excel) for a translator, and then re-import back into the
same string table format.

Not sure what you are doing, but the odds you should use C++ are extremely
low.

Post this to an Excel newsgroup, and they will easily hook you up with
either ADO or VBA.

benjitah

I need to interact directly with a c++ string table resource script..
which seems to be a group of files referencing the stings in a
structure format (not user friendly).

I need to have this file altered for different languages by a
translater; re-import, then compile to dll's to suite the install
package.

Don't c++ developers need to have their language strings easily
accessible to translaters?

Ian Collins

benjitah said:
I need to interact directly with a c++ string table resource script..
which seems to be a group of files referencing the stings in a
structure format (not user friendly).

I need to have this file altered for different languages by a
translater; re-import, then compile to dll's to suite the install
package.
Export/import as csv. Nice and simple and pretty much universal format.

benjitah

Thats exactly what i'm trying to do.

I've accessed the string table in a few different studio's, .net, c++,
vb and the best i can do is copy/paste the content out.

The export option in the vc++ is not enabled. Presuming that the
export will allow for csv's - or something useful - would there be any
reason this is not enabled?