treeview renders nothing, but does look good in design view? web.siteMap

jobs

I have this web.sitemap file in web root.

I have a simple page with a treeview control in another directory:

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" MasterPageFile="~/Main/
MasterPage.master"
Title="Americatel Retailer Website SiteMap"
CodeFile="SiteMap.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Phones" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="Content1"
runat="Server">
<asp:TreeView ID="TreeView1" runat="server"
DataSourceID="SiteMapDataSource1">
</asp:TreeView>
<asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1" runat="server" />

</asp:Content>

In design view on vs.net, i see the tree just fine.

but when I run, i get nothing.

I suspect my problem my be with the top node, but everything looks
fine:

<siteMapNode title="Americatel Retailer Website" url="https://
mysite.com">
<siteMapNode url="RecoverPass.aspx" title="Recover Password" / <siteMapNode title="Help">
<siteMapNode url="Help/FAQ_Products.aspx" title="Products FAQ" />
<siteMapNode url="Help/FAQ_WS.aspx" title="Website FAQ" />
</siteMapNode>
<siteMapNode title="Main">
<siteMapNode url="Main/Default.aspx" title="Home Page" />
<siteMapNode url="Main/ChangePassword.aspx" title="Change
Password" />
</siteMapNode>

is there some property i need to set or point it to a specific sitemap
file? how?

Thanks for any help or information.

jobs

Apparently there is something i'm not understanding.

Must I have a url on my highest level sitemapNode?

I played around with startingNodeUrl on the datasource, but non of the
nodes or childs with no url show up. How can I group urls into
directories that have a url?