Trouble with autogenerated id on differently configuerd machines

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tonicvodka, Sep 5, 2007.

  1. tonicvodka

    tonicvodka Guest

    Hi everyone!

    On my development machine I'm running Windows XP Professional and
    ASP.NET 2.0.50727.
    On the production server we're running Windows Server 2003 and ASP.NET
    2.0.50727.

    When I deploy the same project on both, the asp:datalist autogenerates
    it's objects id's differently;

    DEV-server: <table id="lstEstates__ctl0_tblEstate"

    PROD-server: <table id="lstEstates_ctl00_tblEstate"

    Has anyone experienced this? Is there a workaround? Since I'm building
    scripts with the autogenerated ID's from lstEstates_ItemDataBound-
    function it's causing a problem.

    Thanks for any help!

    Niclas

    tonicvodka, Sep 5, 2007

  2. tonicvodka

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Sep 5, 2007

  3. tonicvodka

    tonicvodka Guest

    Thanks Peter,

    Excellent, it works! I was building my own clientids, this seems like
    a better approach :)

    tonicvodka, Sep 5, 2007