Trouble with impersonate

Marek G.

Hi all , I have big trouble with impersonate IIS and SQL 2008 . I connect to
the iis where I set the ASP.NET Impersonate and I want connect to the sql
server with user credetionals . And there is trouble . SQL server run in the
win 2008R2 cluster ... I try set delegation in the Active directory on the
cluster server and in the cluster application .... Not work :-( . Connect to
the SQL server with anonymous user :-( . Why ????
thank you form answer

marek

Andy O'Neill

Marek G. said:
Hi all , I have big trouble with impersonate IIS and SQL 2008 . I connect
to the iis where I set the ASP.NET Impersonate and I want connect to the
sql server with user credetionals . And there is trouble . SQL server run
in the win 2008R2 cluster ... I try set delegation in the Active directory
on the cluster server and in the cluster application .... Not work :-( .
Connect to the SQL server with anonymous user :-( . Why ????
thank you form answer

marek
Double hop.
User credentials are only passed once unless you use kerberos.
So they get to the web server and that's as far as they're going.
Most web apps don't rely on impersonation for this reason.

Andy O'Neill

Marek G. said:
Oki and how i set the double hop ??? The app is domain application ...

Client to web server = 1 hop.
Web server to sql server = 2 hop.