    I am getting an error but always Page 2 is loaded. Why?

    Thanks,

    Alfredo Barrientos

    Alfredo, Aug 11, 2005

  2. Alfredo

    Marina Guest

    Because the Finally block always executes no matter if the try part
    succeeded or not.

    Marina, Aug 11, 2005

  3. Alfredo

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    try a throw or break, but the idea is that the FINALLY will always fire.
    Also, look at the Response.Redirect() it has some extra props to stop
    execution, perhaps that will work for you.

    Curt_C [MVP], Aug 11, 2005
  4. The way the Catch statement works is:

    1) TRY run the code in the Try part

    2) If an exception occurs, run code in the Catch Part.

    3) FINALLY , run code in the Finally part.

    So no matter what happens, that finally will always run.

    Grant Merwitz, Aug 11, 2005
  5. Alfredo

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Aug 11, 2005
  6. Try
    'Some operations

    Response.Redirect("Page 2")

    Catch
    Response.Redirect("Page 1")

    End Try()

    Marc Robitaille, Aug 11, 2005
  7. What they all said.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Everybody picks their nose,
    But some people are better at hiding it.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 11, 2005