Trying to create my first ASP.Net application

Tom Wild

Hi

I am trying to create my first ASP.Net application.

I have done a full reinstall of .Net and followed the instructions in the
readme on the .Net CD and I have IIS running.

I have created a new solution called Test02 and it automatically has a
WebForm called WebForm01.

I added no controls to the WebForm but immediately hit F5 to compile it and
got the following message:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.

If I do a debug.Start Without Debugging then it brings up a web page which
says:

The page cannot be displayed
Error Type:
Active Server Pages, ASP 0221 (0x80004005)
The specified 'Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb" Inherits="Test02.WebForm1"' option is unknown
or invalid.
/Test02/WebForm1.aspx, line 1

The HTML looks like this:

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb"
Inherits="Test02.WebForm1"%>
<head>
<title>WebForm1</title>
7.0">
</head>
</form>
For some reason the first line of HTML is in yellow. If I remove this
first line then it compiles fine and brings up a blank web page but then
when I start adding controls they just appear as text in the top-left corner
of the compiled web page rather than controls in the places that I put them.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or have neglected to do.

Thanks

Tom