unexpected tilde ~

jbolty

There have been a few threads talking about using the tilde ~, t
reference the webroot path. My problem though is handling an unexpecte
tilde in a url.

this url:

http://localhost/mysite/~Default.aspx

returns this error:

Invalid file name for monitoring
'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\~Default.aspx'. File names for monitorin
must have absolute paths, and no wildcards.

And there does not seem to be anyway to trap the error and handle i
gracefully.

We are undergoing a security audit where they introduce all kinds i
crap into the url, trying to break or break into the site, and I a
getting all kinds of flack because I am not handling this error. Ca
anyone help?

thank

-
jbolt

Eliyahu Goldin

You are not saying what program or code returns the error.What are you
trying to do with this url?

Eliyahu