Unicode (UTF-8)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, May 23, 2006.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, May 23, 2006

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    ironcorona Guest

    ironcorona, May 23, 2006

  3. If Luigi understood French well enough, wouldn't he ask for clarification in
    the group where the discussion took place?

    He would probably learn that the comment was about using UTF-8 on _Usenet_
    and has nothing to do with HTML or web authoring in general.

    (I find it somewhat amusing that Luigi posted a URL pointing to a discussion
    in French, with the user interface tuned to match Luigi's personal
    preference of using Swedish.)

    Jukka K. Korpela, May 23, 2006
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Toby Inkster Guest

    That's handy -- referencing a page written in a combination of French and
    Swedish. There are probably only about twelve people in the entire world
    who know both, and the only one who frequents this group is you.

    But from what I could gather, somebody asks what newsreader he can use to
    post with UTF-8 signatures; another says that Luigi uses Outlook 6; and
    the first says he already uses Outlook 6, but can't figure out how to add
    UTF-8 signatures.

    I don't see why that would be making you doubt your own use of UTF-8 for
    posting.

    Toby Inkster, May 23, 2006
  5. Luigi Donatello Asero, May 23, 2006
  6. See my previous answer.........Jukka....

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 23, 2006
  7. Good morning Mr. Phelps....this posting will self-destruct in 5
    seconds...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...???

    Jonathan N. Little, May 23, 2006
  8. Luigi Donatello Asero

    ironcorona Guest

    Bond. Luigi Bond. License to kill.

    I wonder how he takes his Martinis.

    ironcorona, May 23, 2006
  9. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    Luigi, you made an overt joke!

    dorayme, May 23, 2006

  10. In Sweden there are probably much more than 12 people who speak French.....

    Trouvé cela sur un forum de la hiérarchie europa*
    (
    I have found this on a forum of the hierarchy europa
    ------------------------------
    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boende-i-italien.php

    Would it there be anyone who identifies the browser which accepts with so
    much generosity UTF-8 in the signature?
    --
    Jean-Victor Gruat
    http://jvgruat.free.fr/Chine/

    Svara

    Från: Comte Igor von Manitouvitch - visa profil
    Datum: MÃ¥n 22 Maj 2006 15:45
    E-post: Comte Igor von Manitouvitch <>
    Grupper: free.fr.commentaires.signatures
    Ännu inte bedömd
    Klassificering:
    visa alternativ

    Svara | Svara författaren | Vidarebefordra | Skriv ut | Enskilt meddelande |
    Visa original | Rapportera om otillåten användning | Sök meddelanden av
    denna skribent

    [Il semble que l'UTF-8 soit filtré sur certains serveurs,
    heureusement que j'ai mon rongeur.]
    It seems that UTF-8 luckily is filtered on certain servers
    JV Gruat le 22.05.06 à 0h58 du côté de
    free.fr.commentaires.signatures :
    Ça cause eurovision, comme c'est original...
    as a result of eurovision it is the original
    Suffit de regarder la source :
    It is sufficient to look at the source
    http://groups.google.com/group/europa.union/msg/06dff2e369cbb850?dmod...

    Donc, Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409.
    Then, Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409
    --
    La FAQ sur le rot-13 est à jour !

    Svara

    Från: JV Gruat - visa profil
    Datum: MÃ¥n 22 Maj 2006 18:34
    E-post: "JV Gruat" <>
    Grupper: free.fr.commentaires.signatures
    Ännu inte bedömd
    Klassificering:
    visa alternativ

    Svara | Svara författaren | Vidarebefordra | Skriv ut | Enskilt meddelande |
    Visa original | Rapportera om otillåten användning | Sök meddelanden av
    denna skribent

    free est particulièrement désagréable de ce côté là ...
    free is particularly unpleasant
    Merci d'avoir répondu.
    Thank you for your answer (to have answered)
    OE 6.00 c'est aussi ce que j'utilise, avec les mêmes
    OE 6.00 is also which is used with which the same définitions charset pour
    les messages incluant du chinois, mais ne marche
    pas pour la signature.
    definition of charset for the message includes Chinese but it does not work
    for the signature.

    Peut-être que le monsieur va la générer ailleurs.
    Perhaps this man will go somewhere else to disturb (actually, "disturb" is
    "gener" not "générer" so I wonder, but my French is far from being
    perfect..)

    Pas bien grave - mais c'est gentil d'avoir réagi.
    It is nothing serious but it is kind to have reacted

    JVG

    Svara
    (in Swedish "answer")
    Slut på meddelanden
    (in Swedish, "end of the message")

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 24, 2006

  11. So apparently you did not know French well enough to understand even what
    the discussion was about. The phrase "lecteur de nouvelles" does _not_ mean
    "browser" but "newsreader".

    A newsreader is a program for reading and writing Usenet messages, in
    so-called "newsgroups". It is not a browser, which means a program for
    viewing HTML documents (and other resources on the web).

    Jukka K. Korpela, May 24, 2006
  12. I did not know some words such as the one which you mentioned but I do not
    find that this changes the sense of the message....

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 24, 2006
  13. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Ed Mullen Guest

    I never comment on a Luigi post but I find significant the use of the
    word "sense" in his last comment. Although, it could be that I've just
    had too many Jim Beams.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, May 24, 2006

  14. The word has several meanings....

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 24, 2006
  15. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero
    Only one of them is common though. ;-)

    Mark Parnell, May 24, 2006
  16. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Ed Mullen Guest

    See!!! I knew it! It's time for another Jim Beam!

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, May 24, 2006
  17. I like semantic fields....
    and the semantic tableau might be important in this context...

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 24, 2006
  18. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    I never comment on a Luigi post...[/QUOTE]

    How can you comment so brazenly?

    dorayme, May 24, 2006
  19. How can you comment so brazenly?[/QUOTE]

    There is no obligation to comment on my posts.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 24, 2006
  20. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero
    But what else is there to do in alt.luigi?

    Mark Parnell, May 24, 2006