Unicode (UTF-8)

Jukka K. Korpela

ironcorona said:
Can you provide an English translation?

If Luigi understood French well enough, wouldn't he ask for clarification in
the group where the discussion took place?

He would probably learn that the comment was about using UTF-8 on _Usenet_
and has nothing to do with HTML or web authoring in general.

(I find it somewhat amusing that Luigi posted a URL pointing to a discussion
in French, with the user interface tuned to match Luigi's personal
preference of using Swedish.)

Toby Inkster

Luigi said:

That's handy -- referencing a page written in a combination of French and
Swedish. There are probably only about twelve people in the entire world
who know both, and the only one who frequents this group is you.

But from what I could gather, somebody asks what newsreader he can use to
post with UTF-8 signatures; another says that Luigi uses Outlook 6; and
the first says he already uses Outlook 6, but can't figure out how to add
UTF-8 signatures.

I don't see why that would be making you doubt your own use of UTF-8 for
posting.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jukka K. Korpela said:
If Luigi understood French well enough, wouldn't he ask for clarification in
the group where the discussion took place?

He would probably learn that the comment was about using UTF-8 on _Usenet_
and has nothing to do with HTML or web authoring in general.

(I find it somewhat amusing that Luigi posted a URL pointing to a discussion
in French, with the user interface tuned to match Luigi's personal
preference of using Swedish.)

See my previous answer.........Jukka....

Jonathan N. Little

Luigi said:
Later. Ok?
There were reasons which do not have to do with languages why I posted that
and I need wait to understand how things are...
I cannot say more just now....
TOP SECRET!
Good morning Mr. Phelps....this posting will self-destruct in 5
seconds...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...???

ironcorona

Jonathan said:
Good morning Mr. Phelps....this posting will self-destruct in 5
seconds...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...???

Bond. Luigi Bond. License to kill.

I wonder how he takes his Martinis.

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Later. Ok?
There were reasons which do not have to do with languages why I posted that
and I need wait to understand how things are...
I cannot say more just now....
TOP SECRET!

Luigi, you made an overt joke!

Luigi Donatello Asero

Toby Inkster said:
http://groups.google.se/group/free....onatello+Asero&rnum=14&hl=sv#5012a173c75952ec

That's handy -- referencing a page written in a combination of French and
Swedish. There are probably only about twelve people in the entire world
who know both, and the only one who frequents this group is you.

In Sweden there are probably much more than 12 people who speak French.....
But from what I could gather, somebody asks what newsreader he can use to
post with UTF-8 signatures; another says that Luigi uses Outlook 6; and
the first says he already uses Outlook 6, but can't figure out how to add
UTF-8 signatures.

I don't see why that would be making you doubt your own use of UTF-8 for
posting.

Trouvé cela sur un forum de la hiérarchie europa*
(
I have found this on a forum of the hierarchy europa
------------------------------
--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boende-i-italien.php

Would it there be anyone who identifies the browser which accepts with so
much generosity UTF-8 in the signature?
--
Jean-Victor Gruat
http://jvgruat.free.fr/Chine/

Svara

Från: Comte Igor von Manitouvitch - visa profil
Datum: MÃ¥n 22 Maj 2006 15:45
E-post: Comte Igor von Manitouvitch <[email protected]>
Grupper: free.fr.commentaires.signatures
Ännu inte bedömd
Klassificering:
visa alternativ

Svara | Svara författaren | Vidarebefordra | Skriv ut | Enskilt meddelande |
Visa original | Rapportera om otillåten användning | Sök meddelanden av
denna skribent

[Il semble que l'UTF-8 soit filtré sur certains serveurs,
heureusement que j'ai mon rongeur.]
It seems that UTF-8 luckily is filtered on certain servers
JV Gruat le 22.05.06 à 0h58 du côté de
free.fr.commentaires.signatures :
Trouvé cela sur un forum de la hiérarchie europa*
(news:[email protected]...):

Ça cause eurovision, comme c'est original...
as a result of eurovision it is the original
Quelqu'un(e) céans saurait-il identifier le lecteur de nouvelles
acceptant avec tant de générosité l'UTF-8 en signature ?

Suffit de regarder la source :
It is sufficient to look at the source
http://groups.google.com/group/europa.union/msg/06dff2e369cbb850?dmod...

Donc, Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409.
Then, Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409
--
La FAQ sur le rot-13 est à jour !

Svara

Från: JV Gruat - visa profil
Datum: MÃ¥n 22 Maj 2006 18:34
E-post: "JV Gruat" <[email protected]>
Grupper: free.fr.commentaires.signatures
Ännu inte bedömd
Klassificering:
visa alternativ

Svara | Svara författaren | Vidarebefordra | Skriv ut | Enskilt meddelande |
Visa original | Rapportera om otillåten användning | Sök meddelanden av
denna skribent

[Il semble que l'UTF-8 soit filtré sur certains serveurs,
heureusement que j'ai mon rongeur.]

free est particulièrement désagréable de ce côté là ...
free is particularly unpleasant
Merci d'avoir répondu.
Thank you for your answer (to have answered)
OE 6.00 c'est aussi ce que j'utilise, avec les mêmes
OE 6.00 is also which is used with which the same définitions charset pour
les messages incluant du chinois, mais ne marche
pas pour la signature.
definition of charset for the message includes Chinese but it does not work
for the signature.

Peut-être que le monsieur va la générer ailleurs.
Perhaps this man will go somewhere else to disturb (actually, "disturb" is
"gener" not "générer" so I wonder, but my French is far from being
perfect..)

Pas bien grave - mais c'est gentil d'avoir réagi.
It is nothing serious but it is kind to have reacted

JVG

Svara
(in Swedish "answer")
Slut på meddelanden
(in Swedish, "end of the message")

Jukka K. Korpela

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Quelqu'un(e) céans saurait-il identifier le lecteur de nouvelles
acceptant avec tant de générosité l'UTF-8 en signature ?

Would it there be anyone who identifies the browser which accepts
with so much generosity UTF-8 in the signature?

So apparently you did not know French well enough to understand even what
the discussion was about. The phrase "lecteur de nouvelles" does _not_ mean
"browser" but "newsreader".

A newsreader is a program for reading and writing Usenet messages, in
so-called "newsgroups". It is not a browser, which means a program for
viewing HTML documents (and other resources on the web).

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jukka K. Korpela said:
So apparently you did not know French well enough to understand even what
the discussion was about. The phrase "lecteur de nouvelles" does _not_ mean
"browser" but "newsreader".

A newsreader is a program for reading and writing Usenet messages, in
so-called "newsgroups". It is not a browser, which means a program for
viewing HTML documents (and other resources on the web).

I did not know some words such as the one which you mentioned but I do not
find that this changes the sense of the message....

Ed Mullen

Luigi said:
I did not know some words such as the one which you mentioned but I do not
find that this changes the sense of the message....

I never comment on a Luigi post but I find significant the use of the
word "sense" in his last comment. Although, it could be that I've just
had too many Jim Beams.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Luigi Donatello Asero

Ed Mullen said:
I never comment on a Luigi post but I find significant the use of the
word "sense" in his last comment. Although, it could be that I've just
had too many Jim Beams.

The word has several meanings....

Luigi Donatello Asero

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero

Only one of them is common though. ;-)

I like semantic fields....
and the semantic tableau might be important in this context...

dorayme

I did not know some words such as the one which you mentioned but I do not
find that this changes the sense of the message....

I never comment on a Luigi post...[/QUOTE]

How can you comment so brazenly?

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero
There is no obligation to comment on my posts.

But what else is there to do in alt.luigi?