Update SQL database from form - newbie and totally lost!

guardsman85

I am writing my first web application using MS Visual Web Developer
2005 Express. I am using VB.NET for my language.

The application is meant to track participants in a traveling car show.
What will happen is that when participants arrive at each checkpoint
they will enter their ID into a textbox and hit enter (or click a
Submit button). When this happens three columns in the Participants
table need to be updated:

CP1At
This is a Boolean type column that needs to be updated from unchecked
to checked to signify that the participant has been at Checkpoint 1

CP1Time
This is a SmallDateTime type column that needs to be updated with the
current time.

CPLast
This is a VarChar(50) type column that needs to be updated with
"Checkpoint 1" to signify that the last checkpoint the participant
visited was Checkpoint 1.

WHERE ParticipantID (Int type column and primary key for Participants
table) = the ID the participant entered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

guardsman85

The guide helps. Still having a little trouble, but I'm starting to
figure it out. Thanks!