Upgrading from 2.7 to 3.x

deuteros

I'm fairly new to Python I have version 2.7 installed on my computer. However
my professor wants us all to use the latest version of Python. How do I go
about upgrading? Do I just install the new version? Do I have to do anything
with the old version already installed?

deuteros

Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 (the latest versions) can coexist. Just install
Python 3.2.3 in a different directory (python32, for instance).

Python has been "forked" into 2.x and 3.x because some breaking changes
ought to be made to the language in order to improve it and clean it up.

Okay, thanks.

So how do I tell my IDE (Eclipse with PyDev) which version of Python I
want to use?