Upgrading from 5.6.0 to 5.8.0 - module problem

Bix

Hi all, new to the group, any help is much appreciated!

This is the first time I have touched perl but I have recently bought a new
server with RedHat and Ensim on, as i was upgrading mySql from 3 to 4, I
needed to recompile perl, so thought i might as well upgrade to 5.8.0, yet
once I have compiled and installed 5.8.0, all my old modules are no longer
installed. Do i have to manually re-install them all (mainly server config
file editors) or is there a way of building perl to upgrade the previous
version with modules intact?

Thanks a lot, really need some help on this!!!

Bix.