Uploading files to a multiuse page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tshad, Jun 13, 2005.

  1. tshad

    tshad Guest

    I have a page that I am using for multiple uses that includes reposting of
    the page as well as going to another page where the "form" tag would be
    something like:

    <form id="something" runat="server">

    I looked at some of the upload examples and they all seem to have the
    uploading on a page by itself where the form is set to something like:

    <form Method="Post" EncType="Multipart/Form-Data" RunAt="Server">

    How do I set this on my page where I am doing various things as well as
    uploading a file?

    For example, I want to be able to upload Word documents as well as text
    documents that I am going to display in the same window. Can I still use
    the same Form tage with the EncType attribute in it or do I need a second
    page to do it?

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Jun 13, 2005

  2. tshad

    Guest Guest

    You can use

    <form Method="Post" EncType="Multipart/Form-Data" RunAt="Server">

    This will help you upload any files, as well as perform other functions.
    There is no need to create separate files at all.

    Guest, Jun 14, 2005

  3. tshad

    tshad Guest

    I was just confused at what would happen with the other buttons that I push.
    But as you say, it works fine.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Jun 15, 2005