URGENT HELP - avoid anchor links in HTML email to open page in IE

henry tourneur

Hi,

I made a web page I 've to send per email. This page includes standard
anchor points & hyperlinks (a name="" and a href="#").
My problem is that when you receive the email & click on a link, instead of
going to the anchor point immediately, Windows opens IE, go to that page at
the corresponding anchor point.

How to avoid this?

So I would like to "stay" in the email and go to the anchor point (exactly
like many HTML mailings I receive - see Macromedia newsletters for ex.). I
checked the sources of these emails but see nothing special. They use simple
anchor points & links. Am I missing something? Is it in the way you send the
email?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Henry Tourneur

jlambrecht

Op Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:22:56 +0100, schreef henry tourneur:

i hope you're not into spam ... target="_self"

henry tourneur

Thanks for your answer; Unfortunatelly, it doesn't change anything.
And don't be afraid, I'm not a spammer (I hate that) but only a webdesigner.
My customer is in charge of sending the emails.

;-)

Dan

henry said:
My problem is that when you receive the email & click on a link, instead of
going to the anchor point immediately, Windows opens IE, go to that page at
the corresponding anchor point.

This is certainly system, platform, and configuration dependent; in my
case, with Pegasus Mail set up as my mail program and Mozilla as my
browser, I never experience "Windows opening IE" as a result of
clicking on anything in a mail message.

henry tourneur

No, this is not system dependent. It can't because, as I wrote in my first
message (see below), I also receive emails that are reacting "normally". See
the second part of my first message:

So I would like to "stay" in the email and go to the anchor point (exactly
like many HTML mailings I receive - see Macromedia newsletters for ex.). I
checked the sources of these emails but see nothing special. They use simple
anchor points & links.

Any other idea?

Thanks in advance

Steve Pugh

henry tourneur said:
I made a web page I 've to send per email. This page includes standard
anchor points & hyperlinks (a name="" and a href="#").
My problem is that when you receive the email & click on a link, instead of
going to the anchor point immediately, Windows opens IE, go to that page at
the corresponding anchor point.

How to avoid this?

So I would like to "stay" in the email and go to the anchor point (exactly
like many HTML mailings I receive - see Macromedia newsletters for ex.). I
checked the sources of these emails but see nothing special. They use simple
anchor points & links. Am I missing something?

Without being able to see the source of your email we can only guess.

Have you got a <base href="..."> in there?
Or a <base target="..."> ?
Does whatever sends your e-mails rewrite the code? (Have you checked
Is it in the way you send the email?

Not as far as I know but I try to avoid sending HTML e-mails.

Steve