URGENT: Need help in setting environment variable.. pls help

Rahul S.

Hey all:

I need urgent information how to set the environment in Visual.NET
wiritng in C.

I am working with a licensed version of the Analyze 6.0 software from
mayo clinic. I need to write code in C using AVW functions that are
licensed by Mayo clinic.

In order to access the AVW library of functions, I need to set the
environment to look at the license file through my C code.

The syntax to set the environment is something like: set "variable" =
"path".
I tried doing this but it gave me a lot of errors.
Could someone please offer me a soln.

If anyone has experienced this situation before, could you please let
me know how the environment was set?

I need to know ASAP.

Thanks to all,

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Klein

Hey all:

I need urgent information how to set the environment in Visual.NET
wiritng in C.

Standard C does not provide any functions to set environment
variables. You will need to investigate non-standard extensions
provided by your compiler/OS combination. Ask in one of Microsoft's
support groups in the family.

Rahul S.

Thanks for the help, but I was unable to get into themicrosoft link as
the URL is not available.

I am working with Visual Studio.NET , so I am pretty sure there is a
way to set the environment, which I do not know of yet.
If anyone has done something related in Visual Studio.NET, please let
me know.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

Flash Gordon

On 30 Oct 2004 16:15:27 -0700
Thanks for the help, but I was unable to get into themicrosoft link as
the URL is not available.

I am working with Visual Studio.NET , so I am pretty sure there is a
way to set the environment, which I do not know of yet.
If anyone has done something related in Visual Studio.NET, please let
me know.

If you want help on MS products go to the MS groups, there you will find
people who actually know the answer. Around here we only deal with
standard C, not the extensions provided by various vendors.