URGENT: validationSummary to display error message in user control

Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I have several user controls like email, phone,ssn etc. each has it's own
validation message in its user control already.
When I bring all those user controls in an aspx page, I would like to
display a summary error messages using validation summary in an aspx page,

What I mean to ask is if in a user control, I just used "*" as a default error message,which just to mark
the field need to be corrected, but in a summary error message, I would like
to give more detailed error message, is it dorable?

how to do that?

in one of my usercontrol i have a textbox and a button and a customvalidation control, the purpose of that button is to check the value exists in the database
for an example:

city: ___________ [button]

so user enter the cityname and click on the [button], if the city does not exists in the database then customvalidaiton throw an Detail error Message saying "city does not exists"

so again, i placed user control on the .aspx

so in otherwords how do i display a detail error message on .aspx page(i have validaiton summary there) when the user click on the UserControl[button] , make sense ?

thanks.