"uri_escape_utf8" is not exported by the URI::Escape module

Jane D.

Hi,

I have some code which I need to implement, from a third party, but
seem to be getting stuck with the following error:

"uri_escape_utf8" is not exported by the URI::Escape module

All the modules are installed, and the line which fails is as follows:

use URI::Escape qw(uri_escape_utf8);

The code which needs this is below:

# URI escape only the characters that should be escaped, according to
RFC 3986
sub escape
{
my ($self, $x) = @_;
return uri_escape_utf8($x, +kUriEscapeRegex);
}

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Jane

RedGrittyBrick

Jane said:
Hi,

I have some code which I need to implement, from a third party, but
seem to be getting stuck with the following error:

"uri_escape_utf8" is not exported by the URI::Escape module

All the modules are installed, and the line which fails is as follows:

use URI::Escape qw(uri_escape_utf8);

The code which needs this is below:

# URI escape only the characters that should be escaped, according to
RFC 3986
sub escape
{
my ($self, $x) = @_;
return uri_escape_utf8($x, +kUriEscapeRegex);
}

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

That's the sort of error message I get on a machine with an *old*
version of the URI::Escape module.

I'd check which version is installed and, if needed, install the latest
version of URI::Escape using cpan, ppm or whatever package manager your
Perl installation uses.

Jane D.

Thanks RGB ... I did upgrade to a more recent version of the Escape
module, and it worked fine.

Thanks again!