Url in filename for file-save dialog after downloading from the server

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sam Thao, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. Sam Thao

    Sam Thao Guest

    Hi All,

    Using the Excel API, I convert an HTML document to Excel and stream it
    the browser via a servlet. The spreadsheet appears correctly inside
    the IE browser. However, when I try to save the spreadsheet via the
    Save-As from the file menu, the Url (to the servlet) appears in the
    filename instead of
    the filename specified in the header's Content-disposition. This
    happened when inline is specified in the Content-disposition since I
    wanted the spreadsheet to be displayed right inside the IE browser.

    Please help/share if you came across a similar situation/problem like
    this
    and found a solution for it. Thank you very much in advance.

    Sam

    Sam Thao, Sep 2, 2004