    but I do not know how to get around it. I can't change the settings on
    the web server which is set to anonymous access.

    Any thoughts or suggestions?

    jrsrls, Mar 13, 2006

  2. This is probably because the identity that is running the code is not a
    domain account and your code is using serverless binding (no server or
    domain info in the binding string; just a DN).

    You might try adding the DNS domain name of the domain to your ADsPath:
    LDAP://yourdomain.com/RootDSE

    instead of LDAP://RootDSE

    Note that ASP has ADSI and the OpenDsObject method. You could have just
    called that instead of going through the trouble of doing a COM callable
    wrapper. S.DS just calls ADSI anyway!

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Mar 13, 2006

  3. jrsrls

    jrsrls Guest

    Joe,

    Thanks for the response. That was the problem. I added the DNS and all
    is well.

    jrsrls, Mar 13, 2006