Using 1.1 framework with ASP.NET after installing 2.0?

jbush

I just installed the 2.0 version of the framework on my PC, but (at
least for now) would like to have IIS continue using 1.1 for ASP.NET.

I tried running "aspnet_regiis -i" (using the 1.1 version of
aspnet_regiis) but it doesn't look like this worked. Afterwards, I'm
still getting error pages that show it's using Framework version 2.0.

Thanks,
John

Guest

I have go this issue also, This is what I did to use 1.1 instead of 2.0.
After you create your ASP.Net application, you can go into IIS and go to the
properties of the virtual directory created, and change the settings to use
1.1 instead of 2.0.

Juan T. Llibre

Use the ASP.NET tab in each application's properties
in the Internet Service Manager to change the target
..Net Framework version to 1.1 for each of your applications.

Then, stop/restart IIS with iisreset from the "Run" menu.

If you don't call a 2.0 web app, there will be no memory penalty.

When you're ready to start working with 2.0,
just assign your test application to use 2.0.

If that seems like a bothersome procedure, use Denis Bauer's
ASP.NET Version Switcher to do the same.

Download it ( free ) from :
http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/ASPNETVersionSwitcher.aspx

Siva M

Try this: Go to the IIS manager and open the Properties dialog of your web
application. Click the ASP.NET tab and select the ASP.NET version you want
to use.

I just installed the 2.0 version of the framework on my PC, but (at
least for now) would like to have IIS continue using 1.1 for ASP.NET.

I tried running "aspnet_regiis -i" (using the 1.1 version of
aspnet_regiis) but it doesn't look like this worked. Afterwards, I'm
still getting error pages that show it's using Framework version 2.0.

Thanks,
John

Alan Silver

Use the ASP.NET tab in each application's properties in the Internet
Service Manager to change the target .Net Framework version to 1.1 for
each of your applications.

Then, stop/restart IIS with iisreset from the "Run" menu.

I didn't and it worked fine ;-)