using a usercontrol from code behind

John Koswalski

I have a test usercontrol,

It works fine from the HTML page of the webform. If i want to manipulate
the control (properties, methods) I can get that to work if add in
dynamically at run time. Adding it to the webform at design time (drag and
drop) doesn't allow me access to the properties and methods from the code
behind. I added the declaration to the control without the new keyword and
I even tried to direct cast the control using the FindControl function to
the variable but it doesn't work ... any ideas .....

Thx

William

John Koswalski said:
I have a test usercontrol,

It works fine from the HTML page of the webform. If i want to manipulate
the control (properties, methods) I can get that to work if add in
dynamically at run time. Adding it to the webform at design time (drag and
drop) doesn't allow me access to the properties and methods from the code
behind. I added the declaration to the control without the new keyword and
I even tried to direct cast the control using the FindControl function to
the variable but it doesn't work ... any ideas .....

Thx

When you declare the control in your codebehind page it has to have
the same name as the ID of the user control in the aspx page.