using access for login controls, create user wizard

Runsrealfast

I am currently setting up my website to login etc. The default that
asp.net is set for is sql server express (express edition, to poor to
buy the real thing!) my host will only allow for access. How can I
change the default settings to use access instead of sql server
express? please help!

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You have the ability to switch providers in the .NET web configuration tool.

If, for some reason, that is not available, you can change the connection
string(s) - plural if you are using separate providers for roles, membership
and profile. You then edit the actual providers (role, membership, profile)
to use default Access instead of SQL provider and you should then hit it
with the web config tool.

I am not sure where the Access template is, but a search on your drive for
the raw MDB that gets copied will most likely work.

Chris Fulstow

This isn't included by default, but you can download an Access
membership provider from the Sample Access Providers pack, available
here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/eula.aspx?id=96713a8e-b8d4-4d6e-bb8f-027e6c8e15d8
From MSDN:

The Sample Access Providers Starter Kit is a C# class library project
containing implementations of ASP.NET 2.0 providers for the following
features: Membership, Role Manger, Profile, and Web Parts
Personalization. All of the providers use Microsoft Access for database
storage. The starter kit also includes an empty Microsoft Access
database containing the database schema used by the providers, as well
as a sample web.config showing how the providers can be configured for
use in an ASP.NET 2.0 application.