Using C++ to send and read data to/from USB port

Joined
Jul 8, 2008
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I want to write a program which can send and receive data to and from a USB port. I need to write a program that can communicate with an Arduino board.

I have some experience using C to write and read data to and from a serial port, but from googling a little, I believe that it is a little more complex with USB.

Can someone give me tips on where I can begin. Can I access directly the USB port by writing C++ code or do I need to use other libraries?

As in the case of a serial port, it has an address which could be addressed in a C program, is USB similar to this appraoch or completely different.

I have downloaded Dev-C++ to do this project and am using XP.

Thanks for any advice